Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Welcome Home

No one knows what dreams are for
if we did we've thrown them to the floor
pains creep up from my bones
people crying out inside their homes
injustice everywhere
rages of utter despair
hope is lost, peace impossible
corruption crowned inevitable

This is my home, this is my neighborhood
why do I feel so alone so misunderstood
does it even matter that these streets raised me
that I have a good job and I want babies
had to sell my favorite truck
cause gasoline companies don't give a fuck
my own city is out pricing me
can't afford the taxes can't afford the property
sell right now take your equity
move to some pitiful part of the country
where atleast you can buy a nice home
in a safe neighborhood with a good school zone
run, run as fast as you can
you'll find peace some where in this great land.

No one knows what dream are for
if we did we've thrown them to the floor
truth is I'm more comfortable
being my self accepting the normal
While this charismatic passionate
side of me desires to scream out loudly
I cower in a cornesolace solice in the routine
become numb to everything even the obscene

Pains creep up from my bones
people crying out inside their homes
all the Christians want to say
look at the disaster it's the end of the day
disregarding blatant truth
no one knows the hour especially not you
injustice everywhere
rages odespair dispair
hope is lost, peace impossible

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home