Friday, August 04, 2006

PureRants.com

That's not really a website to my knowledge, but it should be. I was just in the shower when a wave of thought hit me. Five words were given to me two years ago to meditate on. Purity, Passion, Commitment, Love, and Selflessness. Just thought I'd publicly post those for anyone interested, or just myself for future reference. The wave began with the remembrance of those five words. I hadn't thought about them in a year probably, but they still have my attention.
I'm daily frustrated with myself. This morning I drove to work giving the day to my Savior and as soon as I stepped into the fire station I took it back. I relinquished it a few times throughout the day briefly, but for the most part I focused on me. Idolatry is such a stronghold that I forget that it's holding me. If I could simply obey the first two commandments my life would be radically different. It's so difficult to believe that the Creator God loves me and forgives my perpetual sin. I don't feel worthy, rightfully so, to be liked by the Almighty Judge. I'm so sick of sugar coating the truth, and essentially robbing my Lord of his deserved worship for His mercy and grace. He is the loving, perfect, worthy, righteous, jealous, just, judge. He isn't ignorant, he is a consuming fire, he is the *creator of evil, and he is the holy peace maker. If we could "simply" love and obey Christ above all, what would our lives look like. I recently learned a powerful lesson, only to lose sight of it almost immediately. The Shepard spoke to His sheep, and the Holy Spirit gave me ears to hear. You must read John 14, again and again. Christ because of my love and obedience made Himself manifest to me. It was in a simple small way, but it was overwhelmingly powerful. I will praise God for that forever, all the while desiring more. Not for my glory, but His. We must know our Lord to give Him the proper praise, in spirit and truth, and honor that He alone deserves. Stop boating in your name. I have to focus on Gods will and not my own. Live in abundance and satisfaction, not fear and hopelessness. Don't take mans word as Gods. Seek truth, wisdom, and that scary thing that's so necessary, called faith. Trust God, He is faithful, He is good, He is Perfect. Don't be fooled, death is inevitable, and soon for sure. But life is everlasting. I can't wait to be made whole. Five words for now: Purity, Passion, Commitment, Love, and Selflessness.


*KJV
Isaiah 45:5-10
5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home