Monday, September 12, 2005

50 Second Masterpiece

I presume, hearing a lyrical masterpiece is what brings you to this room

So let me fulfill your dreams, satisfy your womb

My words are never hollow, did you hear an echo? Hell no!

My verbs stand solid unlike the dykes of New Orleans

Cause I believe in preparation rather than desolation

Never have the right to blame another cause I was raised by a strong mother

Won’t blame my shortcomings on my daddy

Won’t hide behind the convenient lines of this is not my responsibility

I’ve fallen down and screwed up more times than I can count

But I wont walk into the local newsroom and blow my brains out

To anyone who has sympathy for me I say stop it

I’m a grown ass man, I’m not just talking shit

If you can name a hundred men ruining America

I can pick a thousand characteristics that we should be ashamed of

For now I’ll pick one to be kind to your week mind

The belief that we actually care about man kind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home