Monday, September 12, 2005

Slavery is Alive

In the pursuit of self preservation, comfort, and freedom
We’ve limited our lives to mediocrity and utter boredom

How long can you and I survive in a world designed for people we despise

The ability to affect eternity is quickly slipping away from me

Everyday, every hour self preservation empowers hesitation

It’s all slipping, slipping away from me.

I wonder is there a better place for kids to raise

Will the price of gas soon surpass the middle class

Can interest rates continue to lie straight to our face

Are houses homes or investments that our futures will soon condone

Is war really real, it seems to be something I can’t feel

Corporate coffee and genetically modified potatoes will certainly be the death of me

It’s all slipping, slipping away from me.

One day melts into another and what I have to show for it would disgrace my mother

A series of self-centered decisions have led directly to all my inhibitions

If ignorance is bliss then why does stupidity cause us to clinch fists

Slavery is alive, Yes, slavery is alive, Thank God, slavery is alive

So we can achieve the American dream, or for most of us simply survive

I question the 9 to 5, how is it that you live life

And the 7 to ten, are you still men, who controls your soul, it’s your soul, it’s your soul

It’s all slipping, slipping away from me, it’s all slipping, slipping away from you, It’s all slipping away, slipping away from us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home