Monday, August 07, 2006

Recent e-mail

Over half of my friends are seriously struggling in their marriages. My heart is heavy, but I'm blessed to be able to journey and mourn with them, looking forward to the joy of health and reconciliation. I'd like to ask you to pray for our families, but the reason I wanted to write is to tell you that I'm really honored to have your friendships. I know often we go our own ways and do our own thing in this individualistic world, but I'm so glad to have you to know, and love, and lean on, and be a leaning post for. It's times like this when I desperately want to gather everyone that I love together, pick a place, I don't even care where that much, and live together. Let's buy a run down old high rise in some city and restore it and all live in it and live well in that city. I would love it if we all had that as our calling. But then again, half of you do live in close proximity and we're not fully taking advantage of it. That's sad! Please help me do a better job of being selfless with my time. That's when I enjoy it the most anyway. Thanks for being amazing brothers and sisters. I love you and will forever be thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home