Thursday, December 21, 2006

Everything

Lately my life has been a lot like any local coffee house. Listening to a lot of Damien Rice, running on limited supply, and never finding any kind of stable rhythm. This afternoon I had absolutely nothing that I had to do. So I did exactly that. But in hours I will have more on my plate than the porcelain can physically hold. I'm running on an irregularly irregular schedule.

There have been more discombobulated thoughts in my mind than usual lately. I'’ve constantly been a little tired. Always ready for a good nap, without good reason. I'’ve been just slightly numb, as if I'’m standing in front of the giant freezer unable to decide which ice cream to purchase. And direction continues to elude me, always one turn out.

It'’s not the holiday's, or stress, or continual over committing. It'’s deeper than any of that. Lifehouse has a song, "“Everything" that explains it better than I ever could. If you'’ve not heard it, listen. If you have go back again, close your eyes, quiet everything and listen.

I"’ve stood here, walking through life, knowing my savior, my joy, my strength, my peace, my source, and not been moved by Him. There is great shame that flows through this realization, but it is also the beginning of renewal.

You'’re all I want!
You're all I need.
You're everything!
Everything!
Would you tell me, how could it be any better than this?
You're all I want!
You're all I need.
You'’re everything!
Everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home