Thursday, September 21, 2006

Me & Myself

The storm enveloped me quickly tonight
Transforming my house stripping all available light
What was once comfortable and safe now feels cold and tight

I’m shut in alone with a stranger
At ease, but tense even in the absence of physical danger
My only escape is sleep, but I really shouldn’t ignore my visitor

It seems he’s been hanging around me a lot lately
Running in to each other in random places, it’s creepy
It’s always the most inopportune time, I’m not mean, it’s just that I’m busy

But now we’re here, just the two of us, no excuse
The and the power is off, there’s no refuse
The candle light intimacy unavoidably ushers us to mental abuse

Look, I don’t know why you’re here, but I didn’t invite you
You just show up like you live here, I don’t even know you
You can’t just pierce through skin expecting me to bleed openly in front of you

Even faster than the storm rolled in
I’m reminded why I always ignore this supposed friend
He’s constantly challenging, personal space doesn’t exist with him

Come to think of it, I don’t even know his real name
I just know that when he leaves I miss him, but I wish he wouldn’t have came
Cause I know that when it’s just me and myself alone, I have no one to blame

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home