Friday, September 15, 2006

Fears and Offenses

I'm one of those rare over confident thinkers that loves to dialogue, often before filtering intense content. I'm not easily offended, and I have few fears. I probably have a bit of a lack of innate respect for authority, but once respect is given it runs deep. I say this because I've been learning a lot lately due to new friendships and some of the speed humps encountered in light of these not so endearing qualities. I know that the weight of substance can't overload the strength of the bridge of friendship developed, otherwise the bridge will crumble and the friendship will resemble rubble. But recently I've been learning this the difficult way.
There is so much more than I can write to be said for knowing someone's heart, and trusting their decision making. It makes me truly miss those few rare relationships where these preliminary necessities are long past and life is happening in real time. Tonight I miss you. Once again I desire to run to those that get it and desire it. I admit I am weak, and long for brotherhood that is close in proximity as well as heart. I know that I should lean wholly on Christ, but I'm still growing everyday, rejecting self dependence slowly, seeking my Savior.
I have only a few fears, one is that those desiring to lead "The Church," are not much different than those that drove my ancestors to this continent, and two that we're are to weak, disillusioned, and comfortable to care or make any positive difference. And offending me is a difficult task, but tonight I realize that any leader that rules through control, manipulation, or fear offends me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home