Thursday, September 21, 2006

Slam Poem

Please hang with me,
I feel a deeply ingrained need to bleed openly
If I truly believe that tomorrow is not guaranteed
Why do I live my life as if I’m part of an elite immortal breed
Evidence abounds found easily that we’ve grown from the same seed
On which Adam and Eve were told not to feed
Yet with depravity ingrained permanently into all of humanity
Our lives scream look at me I am deity

And I know you’re probably wishing I’d do apiece more entertaining
But as Lauryn Hill said so beautifully,
“Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what we need.”
So I refuse to concede to the lusts of your flesh
Force feeding nutrition and reconciliation powerfully
I’m not concerned with whether or not you like me, this is not about me

Against popular belief truth speaks, complete tolerance is complete insanity
Not to mix truth with heresy, but to say openly that loving our neighbors as our self bring’s pure tolerance naturally
Many of us, like myself, have a screwed up view of Christianity thanks to the church
We’ve allowed man in his pursuit of domination and divinity to debase freedom since the curse
And what’s worse many would rather be manipulated
Finding in the end that it’s themselves that they’ve hated
And the rest reject truth completely with knee jerk intensity never knowing what to believe

But I believe there is opportunity for restoration no matter the nation
I can see freedom being lived powerfully
Peace that surpasses understanding withstanding trials of fury
Joy residing permanently within me
Hopefully lovingly wooing you not for my sake but ultimately for Christ’s glory

So thank you, for allowing me to bleed openly
I pray that you here more than mere poetry
And that words like wind pierce your skin
Enlightening truth and understanding leading you to the cross of the Everlasting
That words like wind pierce your skin enlightening truth and understanding leading you to the cross of the Everlasting

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

whoah. me like this one. um the one above got longer and angrier. don't be scared of profanity
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home