Thursday, April 26, 2007

Is Community all that?

I believe in the need for real community, for life lived together. I have desired true community for some time, but now more than ever I see the absolute necessity for it. But as Teresa is so correct in reminding me, it will only be as powerful as those involved allow it to be. We must open our lives to one another, even when it’s uncomfortable and especially when it’s inconvenient. I’m not suggesting that we get naked with everyone, but with someone.

As I write this I realize that it’s all well and good, but what we really need is for the Holy Spirit to come powerfully. I need the Holy Spirit to work in and through me. We need Jesus Christ to be our Savior and the Lord God Almighty to be our sustenance. We need to be born again, and once born again to be constantly transformed by the renewing of our minds. We need to be wholly dependent on the Spirit. We have to find our satisfaction in Christ and Christ alone. We must have life abundantly sourced in the gospel. Otherwise we have no chance at true community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home